We all want to make sure we’re doing everything we can for our personal health and wellbeing. Afterall, keeping up with today’s busy lifestyle isn’t easy. That’s why it is so important to stay on top of healthy eating habits, make time for physical activity, and supplement with vitamins if you are trying to feel your best and meet your fitness goals.
I’m sure you have juiced before but here is the perfect solution, we have found, to mix things up in an easy (and tasty!) way to add some extra nutrition into your lives.
Have you consider juicing celery?
This superfood is high in antioxidants, fiber, iron and Vitamins A & K – just to name a few of its powerhouse benefits and it contains very few calories so you don’t have to worry about high sugar or added calories to your diet. While making this a part of your daily routine has more benefits for your health than we can list here, we have listed the top SIX reasons, we feel that you should start juicing celery daily:
- Boosts the Immune System – Celery juice is full of antioxidants that help strengthen the immune system and fight off infections.
- Improves Digestion – Celery juice helps reduce inflammation in the gut, which can lead to better digestion and improved health overall.
- Detoxifies – Celery juice is an excellent way to detoxify your body by flushing out toxins and waste from the cells.
- Aids Weight Loss – The low-calorie content of celery juice makes it a great addition to any weight loss plan.
- Regulates Blood Pressure – Drinking celery juice helps regulate blood pressure, as well as improve cardiovascular health overall.
- Fights Cancer – Studies have shown that celery juice has cancer-fighting properties due to its high antioxidant content.
There you have it! Now, you have all the reasons you need to start. But, before you do, here are a few things to consider:
- Although a little more expensive, buying the ‘ready to eat’ celery that has been cut, cleaned and sealed is easier to juice and a lot less prep time.
- If you do purchase the uncut, uncleaned and sealed celery, make sure you clean it thoroughly and discard any part of the celery that is not healthy.
- You can soak uncut, uncleaned celery in lemon juice overnight in the fridge to make it easier to clean.
- Use mason jars to keep leftover celery juice in the fridge so that you can store extra juice without having to juice daily.
- Approximately four (4) stalks of celery make 32-40 oz of juice on average depending on the size of the celery and also the freshness.
- Use 8 oz jars to divide up your celery juice so that you can grab and go for about 3 days.
- The fresher the celery stalk, we have found, the more juice it will produce.
- That’s why we recommend the ‘ready to eat’, cut and sealed because it tends to be fresh and healthy
Juicing celery is becoming increasingly popular due to its numerous health benefits, including improved digestion, increased energy levels, better skin health and more. All of these wonderful benefits of juicing celery can help contribute toward your overall wellbeing. So, if you are looking for a way to give your body the nutritional and immune boost it needs, then juicing celery is a great place to start.
Want to LEARN MORE about our BodyMax Program? Our Parent & Adult Group Training Program includes nutritional support, InBody analysis and coach consultation in addition to our rigorous fitness training. SIGN UP NOW for the next class.
Are you a student athlete looking to improve your performance in sports? LEARN MORE about our student training programs, Vertimax packages and 1:1 Private Training with one of our Certified Personal Trainers.
JOIN US and take your Fitness #ToTheMaxx
MaxxFit Training Center is located in the Alamo City All-Stars Sportsplex Facility. We have high performance student athlete training programs as well as parent bootcamp and group training classes designed to maximize results. Knowing how much time it takes out of life to participate in competitive sports, we offer student athlete, parents of athletes and visitors training opportunities so that you can stay committed to a healthy lifestyle.
Our pre-season strength and conditioning training program is custom designed to optimize a player’s performance, reduce the risk of injury, and lead to quicker recovery. There is no better way to prepare for the season than by targeting specific muscles, sports skills and movements that leads to better strength adaptation, enhanced sports performance, less injuries and faster recovery.
MaxxFit’s Adult Group Training and Parent Bootcamps are designed to help its participants commit to a routine diet and exercise plan so that they can stay healthy and get the most out of their time in the gym. Group classes have numerous benefits for physical, mental, and emotional health. Our goal is to leave parents with more energy, better sleep, more confidence and overall better quality of life.
At MaxxFit, we are committed to health and fitness for the whole family. While competitive sports can be challenging and taxing on our physical well-being for both students and parents, we believe that having classes, nutritional support and performance training at the gym, offers everyone the opportunity to maximize their fitness goals.